Intensely flavoured with a wonderful rich reddish-purple colour, purple basil, combined with rocket, produces a really gutsy flavoured pesto.
Don't restrict to serving with pasta, it works well with grilled fish, chicken and salads.
- 30g Each of Purple Basil & Rocket
- 1 Clove of Garlic
- 25g of Pine Nuts
- 25g of Parmesan Cheese, Grated
- 100-125ml of Fruity Olive Oil
1. Place the purple basil, rocket, garlic, pine nuts, and parmesan cheese into the goblet of a liquidiser and pulse to grind a little.
2. With the motor running, pour in the olive oil to form a smooth sauce, the quantity of oil being dependant on the consistency of pesto required.