Exclusively in Partnership with the Huntington’s Disease Association
- All proceeds go to the Huntington's Disease Association*
- Flowers within 8-12 weeks (Dependent on room temperature).
- Huge salmon-pink flowers.
Amaryllis Hercules is a wonderful bright salmon-pink variety that produces elegant huge blooms on single flowering stems. Hercules will often produce up to three separate stems from just the one bulb. Furthermore *all proceeds from this vibrant and wonderful flower will go towards the funding of the Huntington's Disease Association.
Choose this beautiful flower as the perfect centrepiece for your living room, dining room or kitchen and enjoy impressive blooms from as little as 8 weeks after planting.
You will receive your amaryllis bulb (approx. 26-28cm in size) with compost and a decorative gold plastic pot to give you everything you need to immediately plant and allow it to start growing.
*All profits from the sale of Amaryllis ‘Hercules’ will be donated to the Huntington's Disease Association to support their vital work in supporting those affected by Huntington's disease.
The Huntington's Disease Association is a national charity providing essential services to people who are affected by Huntington’s across England and Wales. These services include; a specialist advisory service, online support via social channels and website, funding of selected research studies and projects, local branches and support groups, events and activities for families and people affected by the disease and training/events for professionals.
The Huntington's Disease Association has chosen an Amaryllis as it's the symbol of many Huntington’s disease organisations worldwide including the Huntington’s Disease Association. The amaryllis is not only a beautiful flower, but it also represents the strength of the Huntington’s community, celebrating the achievements that have been made in Huntington’s disease treatment and research.
In order to cover the cost of packaging and postage, this item will incur a £4.99 delivery charge at checkout.
Buy 2 for £20 Enter 'HERC20' at checkout - Terms & Conditions: This Promotion is active, subject to availability and while stocks last through the Marshalls website, and applies only to Amaryllis 'Hercules' 2100-7230.
|J Jan||F Feb||M Mar||A Apr||M May||J June||J Jul||A Aug||S Sep||O Oct||N Nov||D Dec|
How to Guide
- Once the plant is flowering, continue watering and keep it out of direct sunlight, if possible place in a slightly cooler but light location as this will extend the flower life.
- Each individual flower should last 2-3 weeks before they turn brown. As each bloom finishes, carefully snip it off and then when the whole stalk has finished cut it off just above the top of the bulb.
- You can easily keep the bulb from one year to the next. Watering and feeding with a general purpose plant food needs to continue until the leaves begin to yellow in late summer/early autumn.
- Once the leaves have yellowed cut them back to about 6cm (2½in) from the top of the bulb. Move the bulb to somewhere cool (5-10°C) and dark (shed or garage), to give it a resting period for around 8 weeks . When the temperatures start to fall bring them into the warmth and begin gentle watering again and your bulb will re-shoot.
- It is recommended not to re-pot it for the first couple of years as it dislikes root disturbance. The older and bigger the bulb, the more flowering stems will be produced.