- 100% male variety for superior asparagus spears
- Uniform spears that are easy to harvest
- Ideal for raising in cool and temperate conditions
- Suitable for forcing to give you white spears
- 10 crowns delivered to you in spring, ready for planting
Grow asparagus Aspalim on your plot, a new all-male variety ideal for home-growing in the UK. Bred to grow successfully in cool and temperate conditions this variety is perfect for plots up and down the country. At harvest time every plant gives you smooth, thick, uniform spears for easy harvesting and preparation in the kitchen.
Aspalim is suitable for forcing too if you like succulent, white asparagus spears. Just cover your crowns with a forcing pot so the asparagus plants grow in dark conditions. The lack of light turns your spears white and gives them a more tender texture than green asparagus.
We suggest you leave asparagus spears to grow on and establish in the first year. This encourages your plants to form a good set of roots. Healthy roots promote more spears for subsequent years, increasing your yields season after season.
|J Jan||F Feb||M Mar||A Apr||M May||J June||J Jul||A Aug||S Sep||O Oct||N Nov||D Dec|