Buy 2 or more Veg Plants and SAVE £1 per pack
- Rare purple and green asparagus cross
- For tasty, crunchy purple spears
- So tender you can eat spears raw
- Versatile variety with spears you can steam or sauté
- Less lignin for more succulent spears
- 10 crowns delivered to you in spring, ready for planting
Enjoy asparagus Burgundine, a new, purple variety great for home-growing and bred for super- tender spears. Every plant produces attractive and tasty spears that contain less lignin, a component in plants that creates tough, stringy steams. 10 plants fill a 5m (16 ½ ft) row, perfect for an average row on the vegetable plot.
Your spears are tender and palatable; to such a degree you can enjoy them raw or chopped up as an exciting salad ingredient. Asparagus Burgundine is just so versatile. You can even use it to accompany your favourite dishes. Why not enjoy the spears steamed or sautéed.
We suggest you leave your crowns to settle in the first season to let your plants establish. In this first season they will put down a good set of roots to support healthy spears that increase in number from year to year.
|J Jan||F Feb||M Mar||A Apr||M May||J June||J Jul||A Aug||S Sep||O Oct||N Nov||D Dec|