- Recommended by the Royal Horticultural Society
- Shimmering grass-like leaves in the wind
- Calming effect
- Leaves turn red-tinged in autumn
- Neat and clump-forming, ideal for container gardening
- 9cm potted plant delivered right to your door
Introduce to your plot this grass-like bedding plant with its golden-green leaves that shimmer in the sunlight and move in the wind. Also called the Japanese forest grass the leaves shimmer making the overall plants look like they are moving like waves- great for adding life to your garden.
Suitable for growing in containers we recommend you plant bulbs around the main plant so an injection of colour highlights the gold-leaved backdrop of Hakonechloa macra Aureola.
Used and popular in show gardens, Hakonechloa macra Aureola excels in calm and serene Japanese gardens as its sound and visual impact are a delight to the senses especially as the leaves catch the breeze.
Plant in containers or flower beds and watch the leaves give a beautiful golden backdrop to nearby flowers.
|J Jan||F Feb||M Mar||A Apr||M May||J June||J Jul||A Aug||S Sep||O Oct||N Nov||D Dec|