- Fantastic-value trio set of onions, perfect for growing at home
- Three spring-planting home-grown onion varieties Rumba, Fen Early and New Fen Globe
- Impressive F1 and Royal Horticultural Society Award of Garden Merit varieties
- Versatile growing requirements- in beds or in containers
- Harvests ready from late summer and into autumn, perfect for different dishes
- Heat-prepared planting sets to prevent plants from seeding at the cost of bulb development
Get big harvests of spring-planting onion varieties Rumba, Fen Early and New Fen Globe. All can be planted in early spring to grow over spring and summer into large flavoursome bulbs perfect for a range of dishes once harvested.
You receive one bag each of the following varieties, packaged and delivered to your door in airy bags so your pre-planting sets stay dry, fresh and healthy when they reach you.
Onion Rumba (75 pre-planting sets/250g)
Grow onion Rumba; an impressive main crop variety that is especially bred to grow in the UK. Rumba gives you large, uniform, round onions with a sweet flavour, making Rumba ideal for eating uncooked in salads as well as cooking.
Onion Fen Early (75 pre planting sets/250g)
A superb and handsome chestnut-skin onion - one of the earliest crops from a spring planting. Fen Early keeps much better than other early types too so be sure to store them somewhere cool and ventilated until you need them.
Onion New Fen Globe (75 pre planting sets/250g)
For onions with impressive size reaching up to 0.5kg (1lb) in weight and making an excellent showbench specimen for growing champion-sized onions. With extra-long storage capacity.
Plant your onions in free-draining soil in early March, (don't worry about them bolting- we heat-treat your bulbs to prevent this from happening) allowing the roots to establish well while there is still plenty of moisture in the soil. This gives them a head-start and steels them against summer drought should it arise.
|J Jan||F Feb||M Mar||A Apr||M May||J June||J Jul||A Aug||S Sep||O Oct||N Nov||D Dec|