- Perfect for extending your growing season and warming the soil for good plant root development. Just place over the soil over winter.
- Warms the soil for earlier sowing and planting by around three weeks
- Adjustable locking stays allow you to choose the desired ventilation – unique to Plantpak
- Attractive solid wood cold-frame in dove-grey
- 5mm thick UV-treated polycarbonate glazing
- Height: 32cm, length 90cm, width 82cm
This robust wood cold frame is a great addition for the home-grower, allowing you to grow more flowers and crops, extending the growing season and giving you harvests of your favourite crops sooner.
With 5mm thick UV-treated polycarbonate glazing your cold frame gives your plants beneath the perfect degree of sunlight for strong and healthy growth and protects them from adverse weather while your plants are young and vulnerable.
Perfect for propagation the Plantpak Cold Frame gives seedlings and young plug plants the ideal environment to get them to the next stage after you’ve potted them on, but before they are tough enough to onto the plot permanently.
Open up the roof with the adjustable locking stays for good ventilation; open slightly on cold days and fully open on warm, clear days.
Warm the soil of your beds simply by placing your cold frame over the soil surface for a month or so before you sow seeds from February.
Warmer soil encourages roots to develop quicker which in turn triggers the stems into action as the weather improves.