Get hold of an all-in-one potato Gro-Kit and grow your own new potatoes whatever your outdoor space.
Each kit contains:
- 3 award-winning Gro-Sacks (H46.5cm x W30cm x D30cm)
- 15 x potato tubers of roast-potato variety ‘Nicola’
- 1 x potato fertiliser
What you need to do
- Half-fill Gro-Sack with compost and fertiliser. Plant tubers 10cm (4in) deep from June.
- As plants grow add more compost and fertiliser to fill Gro-Sack.
- Water regularly and harvest up to late autumn.
Plant late summer for late second-crop harvest of yellow-skinned potatoes that are ideal for potato salads. These waxy oval-shaped tubers show great disease resistance.
Whether you choose to grow this autumn-cropping potato variety in open soil on the allotment or in a purpose-made Gro-Sack, you’ll be rewarded with a generous crop of potatoes in autumn that are perfect served hot or cold, making good boiling or steaming.
Protect your potato plants from cold nights by covering them with horticultural fleece. If you are growing them in a Gro-Sack consider bringing them indoors so as long as they are not too heavy, and returning them outdoors by day.
As the stems of your potato plants grow earth up soil around the base of your potato plants periodically. This discourages the edible tubers from greening-up and becoming poisonous.
Harvest from September once the potato plants have flowered.
|J Jan||F Feb||M Mar||A Apr||M May||J June||J Jul||A Aug||S Sep||O Oct||N Nov||D Dec|