Exclusive to Marshalls, this rare purple raspberry has a superb flavour, gives a very high yield and is the most beautiful, rich velvety colour.
Glen Coe is a vigorous, clump forming floricane raspberry that produces a high yield of flavoursome, deep purple fruit from mid June to the end of August.
Easy to grow and perfect for pots and containers, the spine free shoots are semi-erect - resulting in an easy to manage, bushy plant which is ideal for smaller gardens. Supplied as a strongly rooted, two year old pot grown plant which, once established will quickly grow on to form a multi-stemmed clump that will get bigger and bigger in succeeding years.
With such superb flavour, the fruit is perfect for desserts, sauces and coulis. Jams and preserves made with Glen Coe have a natural sweetness with an intense flavour and rich beautiful colour.
- Rare and unusual - the UK's only purple raspberry
- Fruits are full of flavour and have a superb colour
- Vigorous, clump forming variety producing bushy, spine-free plants
- Resistant to Verticillium wilt disease
- Supplied as mature multi-stemmed plants in large, 2lt pots
- Long cropping variety from mid June to end of august
Floricane (summer-fruiting) varieties fruit on canes produced in the previous year. After fruiting, cut out the old, fruited wood in autumn/winter and tie in the new growths to the support.
Amount of leaves and size of plant on despatch will vary depending on the time of year.
|J Jan||F Feb||M Mar||A Apr||M May||J June||J Jul||A Aug||S Sep||O Oct||N Nov||D Dec|