Useful Information on your Order
Our products are all grown with the utmost care and to high standards of quality. We regularly check our nursery stock to determine exactly when they will be at the optimum time for despatch.
We despatch our fresh, nursery-grown live plants (including vegetables, trees and flowers) when they are at a stage of growth ready for you, the customer, to plant on at home.
The items have to be despatched when they are ready, often at the rate of several thousand per day, and so we regret that we are unable to accept requests for them to be held for despatch on or after specific dates.
Flower & Vegetable Plants
The delivery period shown on your order confirmation indicates when you can expect to receive your order and we will endeavour to despatch your plants in this period within 7-10 working days but due to the nature of live products and other factors such as weather this is not always possible and delays may occur.
Please check our website and your account for updates. As gardener’s yourselves we do hope that you will understand this.
Live plants are sent by first and second class post early in the week to ensure that they are delivered before the weekend. Dormant plants will usually be sent by second class post or carrier.
These will be sent to you during the delivery periods stated and normally take 7-10 working days but please allow for busy periods, particularly at the start of the despatch period.
Some types of fruit like strawberries and raspberries are best sent to you when they are in a dormant stage, and so may appear dry and lifeless. Once you plant them up however their roots will establish, and they’ll soon put on good stem growth when the weather warms up in spring.
Potato, Onion, Shallot and Garlic Orders
We will send these to you during the delivery periods stated and normally take 5-7 working days but please allow for busy periods, particularly at the start of the despatch period.
Seed and Gardening Equipment/Products
Are delivered between 5-7 working days, unless the product ordered states otherwise.
With all Orders
When your order has been despatched you will receive an email notification letting you know it’s on its way.
Our promise delivering the quality you need, at the time you need it.
We take great care to ensure that everything you receive from Marshalls is of the highest quality. That’s why we have no hesitation in giving you a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. "Should anything fail to meet your expectations when delivered or should any item fail to grow satisfactorily, then you can be certain we’ll put it right given reasonable care and protection against infestation, disease and poor weather conditions. We will provide a replacement or refund, together with helpful, friendly advice."
Scroll down the delivery table below to find the approximate despatch times for your items throughout the year. Many varieties are despatched in spring and autumn.
|Vegetables||Approx delivery window|
|Gourmet Vegetables||Early - Late Mar|
|Spring Planting Garlic||Early Jan - Early Mar|
|Autumn Planting Garlic, Onions & Shallots||Mid Sep - Late Nov|
|Heat Prepared Onion Sets||Late Mar - Early Apr|
|Seed Potatoes||Early Jan - Early May|
|Vegetable Seed||All year round|
|Summer Planting Vegetable Plants||Early Aug - Late Sep|
|Vegetable & Herb Plants||Mid Apr - Late May|
Mid Jan - Early Apr & Late Oct - Mid Dec
|Grape Vines||Mid Jan - Late Mar & Late Oct - Mid Dec|
|Raspberry Canes||Early Jan - Early Mar & Late Oct - Mid Dec|
|Rhubarb||Early Feb - Late Mar & Mid - Late Nov|
|Soft Fruits - Berries||Early Jan - Late Mar & Mid Sep - Mid Dec|
|Soft Fruit - Currants & Gooseberries||Early Jan - Early Mar & Mid Sep - Mid Dec|
|Strawberry Plants||Early Jan - Early Mar & Mid Sep - Mid Dec|
|Strawberry 60 Day Runners & Misted Tips||Early - Late Dec & Early - Late Jul|
|Spring Bedding - Seed Raised||Early Sep - Early Oct|
|Summer Bedding Plants - Seed Raised||Late Mar - Late May|
|Spring Young Plants - Cutting Raised||Early Sep - Early Oct|
|Summer Young Plants - Cutting Raised||Early Apr - Late May|
|Spring Flowering Bulbs||Late Sep - Late Oct|
|Autumn Flowering Bulbs||Mid Mar - Early Apr|
|Sweet Pea Plants||Early - Mid Mar & Early - Late Sep|
- UK Mainland - to cover the costs of postage, packing and insurance the cost is £4.99 but for some extra-large and heavy items there is charge of £7.99 or £1.99 if ordering seed only. (We run special offer promotions of Free P&P on some of our items- look out for the banners).
- UK Non-Mainland (Northern Ireland and Highlands and Islands) - for heavy and bulky items (including all raised beds, tunnels and Organic Extra), we reserve the right to contact you to amend delivery costs, subject to your approval, to reflect additional delivery costs. The cost is £4.99 PLUS £5.90 for trees and other large bulky items, surcharges can range from between £14 - £20 dependant on your area. Please contact Customer Services on 0344 557 6700 for further information.
- Channel Islands - due to Channel Islands import restrictions we regret that we are unable to supply items other than seed.
- Republic of Ireland - The delivery charge for seed only orders is £4.99. We are able to ship many other items to the Republic of Ireland. Please contact us on 0344 557 6700 for a delivery quotation.
- European Union - We are currently unable to take orders from the EU through our website. If you would like to order seeds or have any queries regarding this please contact us on 0344 557 6700 for more information.