Please be aware that once your order has left us, it may take a few days to get to you due to delays with the delivery network. Royal Mail post is current taking up to 5 working days. We use a number of different carrier networks to try and speed up delivering your goods.
Ordering live plants
Our ‘live’ products are all grown with the utmost care and to the highest standards of quality.
We regularly check our nursery stock to determine exactly when they’ll be at the optimum time for delivery and send out our fresh, nursery-grown live plants (including vegetables, trees and flowers) when they’re at a stage of growth ready for you to plant on at home. You can see the table below for the approx delivery window.
Potato, Onion, Shallot, and Garlic
These are all currently on pre-order for autumn delivery. Please refer to the despatch window on individual product pages.
Seed and Gardening Equipment
These are being despatched from our warehouse between 10 - 15 days unless the product ordered states otherwise.
With all Orders
Please check the 'My Account' area on the website to check the status of your order. Items that have been despatched will be marked as fulfilled under each order.
Our promise on delivering the quality you expect, at the time you need it.
We take great care to ensure that everything you receive from Marshalls is of the highest quality. That’s why we have no hesitation in giving you a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. Should anything fail to meet your expectations when delivered or should any item fail to grow satisfactorily, then you can be certain we’ll put it right given reasonable care and protection against infestation, disease and poor weather conditions. We’ll provide a replacement or refund, together with helpful, friendly advice.
Scroll down the delivery table below to find the approximate despatch times for live plants throughout the year. Many varieties are despatched in spring and autumn.
|Vegetables||Approx delivery window|
|Gourmet Vegetables||Early - Late Mar|
|Spring Planting Garlic||Early Jan - Early Mar|
|Autumn Planting Garlic, Onions & Shallots||Mid Sep - Late Nov|
|Heat Prepared Onion Sets||Late Mar - Early Apr|
|Seed Potatoes||Early Jan - Early May|
|Vegetable Seed||All year round|
|Summer Planting Vegetable Plants||Early Aug - Late Sep|
|Vegetable & Herb Plants||Mid Apr - Late May|
Mid Jan - Early Apr & Late Oct - Mid Dec
|Grape Vines||Mid Jan - Late Mar & Late Oct - Mid Dec|
|Raspberry Canes||Early Jan - Early Mar & Late Oct - Mid Dec|
|Rhubarb||Early Feb - Late Mar & Mid - Late Nov|
|Soft Fruits - Berries||Early Jan - Late Mar & Mid Sep - Mid Dec|
|Soft Fruit - Currants & Gooseberries||Early Jan - Early Mar & Mid Sep - Mid Dec|
|Strawberry Plants||Early Jan - Early Mar & Mid Sep - Mid Dec|
|Strawberry 60 Day Runners & Misted Tips||Early - Late Dec & Early - Late Jul|
|Spring Bedding - Seed Raised||Early Sep - Early Oct|
|Summer Bedding Plants - Seed Raised||Late Mar - Late May|
|Spring Young Plants - Cutting Raised||Early Sep - Early Oct|
|Summer Young Plants - Cutting Raised||Early Apr - Late May|
|Spring Flowering Bulbs||Late Sep - Late Oct|
|Autumn Flowering Bulbs||Mid Mar - Early Apr|
|Sweet Pea Plants||Early - Mid Mar & Early - Late Sep|
- UK Mainland - to cover the costs of postage, packing and insurance the cost is £4.99 but for some extra-large and heavy items there is charge of £7.99. (We run special offer promotions of Free P&P on some of our items - look out for the banners).
- UK Non-Mainland (Northern Ireland and Highlands and Islands) - for heavy and bulky items (including all raised beds, tunnels and Organic Extra), we reserve the right to contact you to amend delivery costs, subject to your approval, to reflect additional delivery costs. The cost is £4.99 PLUS £5.90 for trees and other large bulky items, surcharges can vary dependant on your area. Please contact Customer Services on 0344 557 6700 for further information.
- Channel Islands - due to Channel Islands import restrictions we regret that we are unable to supply items other than seed.
- Republic of Ireland - The delivery charge for seed only orders is £4.99. We are able to ship many other items to the Republic of Ireland. Please contact us on 0344 557 6700 for a delivery quotation.
- European Union - We are currently unable to take orders from the EU through our website. If you would like to order seeds or have any queries regarding this please contact us on 0344 557 6700 for more information.