Buy 3 get 1 FREE on Seeds, quote code "SEEDS3" at checkout. Add 4 seeds to your basket to qualify. (Ends 19th July at Midnight)
Enjoy this well-balanced mix of salad leaves and greens with similar growth but contrasting flavours that harmonise with each other perfectly.
Yes- you can buy bags of salad leaves from the supermarket but growing your own means you have bags and bags worth – working out at a fraction of the cost.
Ideal for garnishes when you’re cooking for friends or as tasty sandwich fillers to accompany egg, fish, meats or cheese. Your excellent value mix of 500 seeds for a potential 500 plants contains:
- Serrated Leaf Mizuna - Slender white stems with feathery leaves are mild flavoured in salads or lightly cooked in stir-fries.
- Golden Pak Choi – Succulent and refreshing with a satisfying bite
- Pak Choi Canton White – Juicy and compact for a good mouthful
- Tatsoi – Spoon-shaped attractive glossy green leaf
- Greek Cress – Spicy and mustardy – a fantastic accompaniment to ham
- Mustard Red Zest – Attractive and textured with savoyed edge
- Mustard Red Frills – With a flavour of horseradish
We recommend you cut and come again with this mix. Cut leaves to just over soil level for harvesting and your leaves will regrow weeks later for a subsequent cut or two. Keep salad leaves well-watered.
Try succession sowing which means you sow little and often for supplies throughout the summer and right up to November.
|J Jan||F Feb||M Mar||A Apr||M May||J June||J Jul||A Aug||S Sep||O Oct||N Nov||D Dec|