- Made in the UK
- Improved sealing technology to lock in more heat
- Improved streamlined design – the over-hanging hinge is now in the body of the product allowing it to be flush with the wall
- Leachate collection system (liquid generated from rainfall and natural decomposition of waste)
- Up to 32 times faster composting
- Large 200L composting capacity
- Cut down your landfill waste
The HOTBIN composter helps to reduce the amount of waste sent to landfill by allowing you to compost a wider variety of household waste. It is quick and simple to set up just place on a flat surface such as patio, gravel or paving. It can be positioned in full sun or shade.
The HOTBIN utilises hot composting methods that produce compost up to 32 times faster than traditional composting methods. The specially designed HOTBIN reaches temperatures of 40-60°c enabling you to compost all of your fruit, vegetable peelings, grass cuttings, leaves, weeds, cooked food, meat and even bones can go into the HOTBIN without the problem of odours, flies, turning and tumbling.
The unique material insulates the heat generated naturally by bacteria as they break down waste in the HOTBIN.
The HOTBIN is a continuous composter which can be used all year round. Simply add waste into the top with wood chippings (bulking agent) and shredded paper/card and after 30-90 days the hatch can be removed from the lower part of the bin and the compost can be removed for use in and around your garden or allotment. You should have mulching compost within 30 days and rich general purpose compost within 90 days.
The HOTBIN is a sealed unit with a built in bio-filter to minimise composting odours associated with the attraction of vermin. HOTBIN also kills pathogens and weed seeds whilst also killing fly eggs and larvae.
The HOTBIN is made from expanded polypropylene and is lightweight and 100% recyclable.
The HOTBIN is delivered is fully assembled and includes:
- 200L HOTBIN
- Lid Thermometer
- 2 Cam Straps (colour may vary)
- Kick Start Bottle (empty)
- Internal Thermometer
- Raking Stick
- 25L bag of Bulking Agent Partially composted Wood Chip
- 8kg with accessories
- Approximately 22kg when full
55 (w) cm x 62.5 (d) x 1.15m (h)
For the lid to be fully opened, the HOTBIN requires 75cm depth x 1.6m height.
The HOTBIN comes with a 3 year manufacturer's guarantee (this does not cover accidental damage/animal damage to the unit)